- Welcome to the UK Green Deal Advisor website for Green Deal Advisor advice, information and to book a Green Deal Advisor
What is the UK Green Deal Scheme?
"The Green Deal will be quite simply Britain's most ambitious home improvement programme ever" - Greg Barker - UK Minister of State for Energy and Climate Change
To contact Green Deal Advisor please CLICK HERE
- Booking a Green Deal Advisor is the first step to getting the Green Deal Scheme. The Government backed Green Deal Scheme will enable home owners to add energy efficient products to their property up to the value of approx. £10,000 or more at NO upfront cost to you. You could have, for example, cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, solar panels, floor insulation. A Green Deal Advisor will have to visit your property and perform a Green Deal Assessment to see what improvements/measures your property would gain from. There are 45 Green Deal improvements/measures available for properties - please CLICK HERE for a full list.
- The UK Government have pledged: "hundreds of pounds up for grabs with £125m Green Deal cash back offer" - Households quick off the mark could get as much as £1,000 cash back. Please CLICK HERE
- A Green Deal Advisor will play a vital role in the Green Deal Scheme. A Green Deal Advisor will perform a Green Deal Assessment on the property to ensure it can gain from the Green Deal Scheme. Please CLICK HERE for full Green Deal Scheme information.
The Green Deal Finance is not like a personal loan - it will be paid back by the savings made on the energy bills by having better insulated properties: a Pay-As-You-Save loan scheme. The Green Deal Finance debt will be attached to the property's electricity bill and NOT to the person or the property. Pay back can be up to 25 years. You pay as you save. If you move away from the property the Green Deal finance debt stays with the property, after all, the new occupier will gain from lower energy bills. A Green Deal Advisor has to assess the property to enure it meets the Green Deal's "Golden Rule". Your Green Deal Provider pays your Green Deal Installer directly from your Green Deal finance
How do I apply for the Green Deal Scheme?
Step 1 of the Green Deal UK scheme:
Instruct a Green Deal Advisor
A Green Deal Advisor will perform a Green Deal Assessment* on your home or business property. The Green Deal Assessment is said to be performed at NO upfront cost you (to be confirmed). Based on your current lifestyle / energy usage the Green Deal Advisor will be able to give Green Deal Advice and recommendations.
After Green Deal Advice has been given the Green Deal Advisor will produce a Green Deal Report. Your Green Deal Plan will then be created. Green Deal energy efficient improvements are said to include: Cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, solid wall insulation, floor insulation, draught proofing, boiler upgrades, double glazing, solar water panels, wind turbines and ground source heat pumps (note: some improvements may have to be part funded by you if they do not meet the "Green Deal Golden Rule" )
To book your Green Deal Assessment by a qualified Green Deal Advisor please CLICK HERE * (please always check if there is any upfront costs)
Step 2 of the Green Deal UK scheme:
Instruct a Green Deal Provider
It is said that based on your Green Deal Report a Green Deal Plan will be formulated. You will have a cooling off period. If you wish to continue with your Green Deal Plan then you can instruct a Green Deal Provider. Your Green Deal Plan is fully portable - you can choose your own Green Deal Provider, you DO NOT have to use your present electricty suppliers as a Green Deal Provider. Your Green Deal Plan will be fully portable. You can compare quotes and could chose a Green Deal Provider that offers an incentive that appeals to you. It is the role of the Green Deal Provider to give you access to up to approx. £10,000 of Green Deal Finance. The Green Deal Provider will help you understand how the Green Deal Finance will work for you, how your home or business property will qualify the Green Deal Finance and how it will be paid back. Please note that your Green Deal Finance and Green Deal installations will not be available until 28th January 2013 when the next stage of the Green Deal launches
Step 3 of the Green Deal UK scheme:
Instruct a Green Deal Installer
It is said that once your Green Deal Provider has your Green Deal Finance in place a Green Deal Installer can then be instructed. Your Green Deal Plan is fully portable - you can select your own Green Deal Installer - you do not have to use the Green Deal Provider's installers. The Green Deal Installer will fit the pre-agreed Green Deal energy efficiency recommendations, in accordance with your Green Deal Plan. The Green Deal Installer will be paid directly by the Green Deal Provider using your Green Deal Finance. Please note that your Green Deal Finance and Green Deal installations will not be available until 28th January 2013 when the next stage of the Green Deal launches
There is to be a cooling off period before you proceed. For further Green Deal information please view DECC website - found here.
For Full Green Deal Scheme information CLICK HERE
Only Green Deal Accredited Green Deal Advisors can give Green Deal Advice. We recommend that you to check if the Green Deal Advisor is independent or if employed by a Green Deal Provider, their impartiality, their accreditation number, and if there is any upfront costs before proceeding. Please click here for full DECC information
Follow us on Twitter @UKGreenDeal
We try to ensure that all information on this website is current. We advise that you check DECC website for regular updates regarding the Green Deal CLICK HERE
* Once the full roll out of the Green Deal scheme is in place - your Green Deal Assessment may not be booked until early Jan
For impartial Green Deal Advice please contact the ENERGY SAVING ADVICE SERVICE on: 0300 123 1234 (please note that this website is not connected with the ENERGY SAVING ADVICE SERVICE )
uk green deal Green Deal Advisor, Green Deal Assessor, Green Deal Adviser, Green Deal Advisors, Green Deal Advisers, Green Deal Assessors, Green Deal Survey, Green Deal Plan, Green Deal Report, Green Deal 2012, Green Deal Provider, Green Deal Installers, Green Deal DECC, Green Deal Conference, Green Deal AccreditationGreen Deal UK, Green Deal Scheme, Green Deal 2012, Green Deal For Homes, Green Deal Golden Rule, Green Deal Assessor,Green Deal Assessors,Green Deal Adviser, Green Deal Advisor, Green Deal Provider, Green Deal Installers, Green Deal Installer, Green Deal Funding, Green Deal Policy, Green Deal Loans,Green Deal Advisor Training, Green Deal Training, Green Deal Installer Training, Green Deal Adviser Training, Green Deal Cavity Wall Installer,Green Deal Wales, Green Deal Scotland, Green Deal Northern Ireland, Green Deal NI, Green Deal Pilot, Green Deal Trailblazer, Green Deal Go Early, Green Deal Finance,Green Deal Funding, Green Deal Plan, Green Deal Advice. Green Deal DECC, Green Deal Conference, green deal home, green deal business
There is no charge to you for using our referral service. We are paid by charging advisor/provider/installer/training companies a fee for this referral service. Any advice or assistance given to you by a third party company does not represent Green Deal Scheme Ltd advice or assistance and is not checked or endorsed by Green Deal Scheme Ltd. It is your decision whether or not you act on any advice or assistance you are given. Any contract agreed is with you and your chosen advsisor/provider/installer/training company. Green Deal Scheme Ltd expressly denies and excludes all liability of any nature in the respect of the use or misuse of this website
- Take your time in making a decision - If you are promised a 'special discount' or 'time limited' offer don't be tempted to sign up straightaway. Shop around with different businesses to make sure you get a good deal. Remember: you can ask a salesperson to leave your home at any time.
- Double check the facts - Check the product is suitable for your home, whether you are eligible for any grants towards the cost of installation, and the basis of any claims about potential energy savings or benefits. Only agree to go ahead if you're entirely satisfied.
- Know what you are signing - Check whether you are signing a contract or just agreeing to a survey or a quote. Give yourself enough time to read all the paperwork, and ask questions if you are unclear about anything. Don't sign if you are unsure about doing so.
- Know your cancellation rights - Where you buy on your doorstep or in your home and you spend more than £35, you usually have seven calendar days to change your mind and cancel, and can get back any money you have already paid, including a deposit - the 'cooling off' period. The cooling off period starts on the day you are given your written cancellation notice by the salesperson. Think carefully before you agree to any work starting during the cooling off period - you can still cancel but may have to pay a reasonable amount.
- Know your rights if things go wrong - Make sure you know what you can do if things go wrong. Contact Citizens Advice for information and advice on your legal rights.